Battery Yates

Battery Yates
Battery Yates, Sausalito, CA

Friday, July 25, 2014

Woohoo!

Welcome to Arcturus Stream, my humble new blog! 

As this is the nth iteration of a personal blog since college, I can't say what I will end up sharing here, if anything at all. I can only say what I plan to post. And that totals to my thoughts on everything--life, people, society, philosophy, and anything else that comes to mind. I hope it allows me to keep in touch with friends and family; work out any philosophical or spiritual thoughts I may have; and comment on politics, culture, and current events.


One regular feature I'd like to pursue would be reviews of film, games (board and video), literature, (fiction and non), music, and television. I'm currently a member of, or starting to register with, several online databases for these media to share my thoughts and ratings. One of my favorite passions, as you will come to see, is reflecting on cultural texts and narratives. It's sort of my hobby, I guess--other than engaging with those texts in the first place.


When I wrote "share," by the way, I really mean to share thoughts with my future selves, rather than anyone else. I don't pretend that my thoughts on any of this stuff is worthwhile to others. If it turns out to be, great! If not, then whatever. I'll certainly find it fun to go back through all of these posts in due time.


So enjoy, reader, whether you be future Matt or anyone else.